Miguel Gonzalez Senior Reflection

Miguel Gonzalez, 12.

Miguel Gonzalez, Staff Writer

It’s time to take a short look back to possibly one of the strangest school years that I’ve ever experienced. It began before the school year even started with summer Cross Country (XC) practice and Link Crew training. As it progressed with the fear of Covid, some sense of normalcy occurred when I went to spend a very early morning for the Senior Sunrise up at Signal Hill then headed over to the Peninsula to take some team pictures to start off the year strong. At first it seemed like online school would be bearable and simple to deal with but getting more into the school year it just made it much more difficult. Many barriers came along the way and around the time of November and December was when things were very difficult with school, practice, starting to work, dealing with college applications having to write essays and take time out of my day to make more progress and sadly the most unfortunate thing, dealing with receiving a positive Covid-19 result. It was a very rough moment in my life since I felt like I wouldn’t be able to make it through and finish the year. Fortunately there was a turning point of me finally recovering from Covid and getting back to running and eventually improving my times. Along with that, school seemed a bit more bearable after finishing those applications and awaiting my acceptances and denials. The year finally felt a little better when we started competing again for Moore League. It was the best feeling because at the time, we were the only sport that was allowed to compete, which made me feel very lucky. Now we’re nearing the end of the year, and my time in high school is almost over. Getting to have that experience of coming back to the classroom and also having a track season, is all I could have asked. What I can say after this year is that if I was able to make it through the entire year, you can definitely do many things and be successful. I never thought I would be able to make it through this year. Now that I have made it through the last four years, I’m awaiting to see what will happen in the future. It was a fun ride Wilson, thank you.